Pets entering the State of Hawaii can fly directly to the Kona
International Airport if specific requirements are met. This program is
called the "Direct Release Program." You must review and complete all of
the requirements for the 5 Day or Less Program and the Direct Release Program to qualify.
- Dogs and cats must arrive at the Kona International Airport directly from the continental US.
- The Quarantine Station must receive paperwork & payment at least 30 days prior to arrival.
- You must secure the services of a qualified inspector to meet your pet at the airport.
- The inspector is paid a fee separate from the Quarantine Station
Ali'i Veterinary Hospital can inspect dogs & cats according to the criteria & schedule below:
- Alaska Airlines Cargo and United Airlines Cargo
- Accompanying people as baggage on United Airlines & Alaska Airlines
- Accompanying people in cabin on United, Alaska, American Airlines & private aircraft
- Private Charters, Kona Express & Kona Shuttle on Fridays, Saturdays & Sundays
Thursday 6pm-10:30pm: $350/first pet, $100/additional pet on the same flight
Friday 9am-10:30pm: $350/first pet, $100/additional pet on the same flight
Saturday 4pm-10:30pm: $400/first pet, $100/additional pet on the same flight
Sunday 1pm-7pm: $400/first pet, $100/additional pet on the same flight
No inspections will be done on major Holidays or 12/24/21-1/1/22
DO NOT BOOK YOUR FLIGHT UNTIL CONFIRMING THAT WE ARE AVAILABLE.
Fill out the form below then click "Submit Form" at the lower right corner of this page to check our availability for inspection. Your request below does NOT mean that you have a booking with us, it is ONLY an inquiry. Email responses take 24-72 hours. If you do not have an email account, you can FAX the information below to: 808-329-8997, and include contact information so that we can contact you. FAX communication will result in longer turnaround time, up to one week.